Jack Johnson was born on the North Shore of Oahu where he grew up like any local kid; surfing the Pipeline. By 14 he was competing in the Masters tournament as one of the top surfers in the world. It was his near fatal wipe out on one of these monster waves that immortalized him and his battered face became an indelible image in the surfing world. While recovering, he pursued his interest in filmmaking and soon became a surf film director, photographer, producer and score composer. "The September Sessions" won The Surfer Magazine Poll award for film of the year.
JP Plunier produced Brushfire Fairytales. He produced Ben Harper's early albums. Harper played on Brushfire Fairytales as well as Tommy Jordan from Geggy Tah and Merlo from Spain. Adam Topol played drums. The album was recorded in Los Angeles in the summer of 2000 at Grandmaster Recorders and mixed at King Sound.
You can see what Jack is up to now here.
Jack in the News
- REPUBLIC RECORDS excitedly welcomes Ron Cerrito. - Virtual Press Office (press release)
- Somersault Festival announces full lineup - This is The West Country
- Jack Johnson's Devon festival date doubles as a hunt for family roots - Exeter Express...
- Jack Johnson Tour Tickets 2014 On Sale At TicketsTeam.com - DigitalJournal.com
- Cornwall acts Neil Halstead and Crowns added to Somersault festival - This is Cornwall
- Somersault Festival 2014 Line Up Amadou And Mariam, Fink, Bombino, Nick ... - Contactmusic.com
- Hit after hit at Parklife Festival - Citizen
- International acts heading to SA for Parklife Festival - Channel 24
- Three to See: ALO, Chris Tile and more - Sacramento Bee