Jack Johnson was born on the North Shore of Oahu where he grew up like any local kid; surfing the Pipeline. By 14 he was competing in the Masters tournament as one of the top surfers in the world. It was his near fatal wipe out on one of these monster waves that immortalized him and his battered face became an indelible image in the surfing world. While recovering, he pursued his interest in filmmaking and soon became a surf film director, photographer, producer and score composer. "The September Sessions" won The Surfer Magazine Poll award for film of the year.
JP Plunier produced Brushfire Fairytales. He produced Ben Harper's early albums. Harper played on Brushfire Fairytales as well as Tommy Jordan from Geggy Tah and Merlo from Spain. Adam Topol played drums. The album was recorded in Los Angeles in the summer of 2000 at Grandmaster Recorders and mixed at King Sound.
You can see what Jack is up to now here.
Jack in the News
- Republic Records Founders Monte and Avery Lipman Deliver University at ... - Sacramento Bee
- Matt Costa Heads Overseas for New Album - Santa Barbara Independent
- ARIANA GRANDE's "The Way" Feat. Mac Miller Certified Gold In Five Weeks - Sacramento Bee
- Preview: The Independent Label Market, LA - Clash Magazine
- Republic Records Promotes Nate Albert To Senior Vice President Of A&R - MarketWatch (press release)
- Kelly Rowland Announces "Talk A Good Game" Official Release Date June 18 - SYS-CON Media...