Jack Johnson was born on the North Shore of Oahu where he grew up like any local kid; surfing the Pipeline. By 14 he was competing in the Masters tournament as one of the top surfers in the world. It was his near fatal wipe out on one of these monster waves that immortalized him and his battered face became an indelible image in the surfing world. While recovering, he pursued his interest in filmmaking and soon became a surf film director, photographer, producer and score composer. "The September Sessions" won The Surfer Magazine Poll award for film of the year.
JP Plunier produced Brushfire Fairytales. He produced Ben Harper's early albums. Harper played on Brushfire Fairytales as well as Tommy Jordan from Geggy Tah and Merlo from Spain. Adam Topol played drums. The album was recorded in Los Angeles in the summer of 2000 at Grandmaster Recorders and mixed at King Sound.
You can see what Jack is up to now here.
Jack in the News
- Hear Jose Gonzalez's '#9 Dream' From 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty' - Wall Street...
- American Songwriter's Top 50 Albums Of 2013 - American Songwriter
- Jack Johnson rules demanding audience - Stuff.co.nz
- Commentary: Jack Johnson, MIA, McCartney among best album releases of fall - OSU - The...
- A life in harmony - Sydney Morning Herald
- José González & David Bowie feature on The Secret Life of Walter MItty ... -...
- Jack Johnson to take part in Piha beach clean-up - Voxy
- Premiere: Jack Johnson's, Bahamas' 'Walter Mitty' tunes - USA TODAY
- Jack Johnson's Reclaimed Christmas - Coastal Living