Adan Jodorowsky had led the kind of charmed life that will leave you shaking your head in wonder. As a youngster, he was given his first dance lesson by the Godfather of Soul James Brown, got his first guitar lesson from none other than George Harrison, and was the star of a feature film (Santa Sangre, directed by his father, famed surrealist filmmaker Alejandro Jodorowsky) by the age of 10.
Now at the age of 34, he is a bona fide rock star in his native France and throughout South America, able to sell out the 10,000-seat National Auditorium in Mexico City and to perform alongside Foo Fighters and MGMT as part of 2012's Lollapalooza Chile.
Recording under the stage name Adanowsky, the French popster has taken a sharp left turn away from the lush folk pop of his 2011 U.S. debut Amador, an album that found him collaborating with Devendra Banhart and exploring the deepest romantic desires and heartbreaks of the titular character (the name translates to "The Lover").
With his latest full-length ada, he has put aside the emotion and is purely concentrating on physical pleasures.
Order ADA from Itunes.
Buy Amador from Itunes.
Adanowsky in the News
- 『リアリティのダンス』プレミア上映イベントレポート：4月22日（火）ヤクルトホール - webDICE
- Los conciertos en el segundo trimestre del año / Chava Rock - La Jornada en...
- 'Me he transformado en mujer': Adanowsky - Vanguardia.com.mx
- "Me he transformado en mujer; luego la mataré" - El País.com (España)
- Watch Adanowsky's Video for "Dancing to the Radio" - Artistdirect.com
- Adanowsky presenta su nuevo disco disfrazado de la androginia de "Ada" - CFan Espectaculos
- Muestra su lado femenino - Periódico AM
- New CDs in stores this week - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Adanowsky - 'ADA' (album stream) (Premiere) - PopMatters